Saturday, September 20, 2014

New Poem: Just Shut Your Mouth and Pay the Bills

Just shut your mouth and pay the bills.
I have a variety of ills
headaches that keep me on the couch
my shoulder hurts
I can't go out
the kitchen's dirty,
it bothers me
I need something but it isn't you
don't talk to me
I can't stand you.

Just shut your mouth and pay the bills.
Maybe it's all these pills
maybe I just need to move away
start the family we talked about?
maybe after you
stop acting out.

Just shut your mouth and pay the bills.
It's like we have a clash of wills
I grew up a certain way
you don't understand, don't touch me
you sound just like my father
or your father
or any other man don't bother
me today, yesterday or tomorrow
I don't want you
so don't chase after me
don't follow
or tell me that you love me
because I can't be loved
I can't be loved, I'm damaged.
It doesn't matter what you say
so please

just shut your mouth and pay the bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment