Thursday, March 14, 2013

Wow, I Screwed Up

Let me get right to it.  I screwed up.
I bought a piece of art work for the cover of Grendel Unit: Bad Day at Khor-wa that was already being used by my friend, Michael R. Hicks for one of his In Her Name books, Legend Of The Sword (In Her Name: The Last War, Book 2).  
I want to go on record and say I had no idea that Mike was using it, and if I did, I wouldn't have.  I meant no slight to him and wasn't trying to take anything away from his hard-won readership.
I am in the process of getting new artwork up right now.  I mean, like, right now.
The way I found out about it is kind of funny.  There's a real crappy review up for Grendel Unit now where some guy accuses me of....oh hell, I'll just let you read it:
 The only reason I even saw this is because I'm getting ready to do a promo for Grendel Unit at the end of the month and was looking at the product page.  Luckily I saw that someone had commented on Joe Paradis' review and read it.  Needless to say, I was pretty shocked at the accusation and absolutely floored that it was dead on.  Well, all except the part about ripping off.  More like a really embarrassing screw up.
I mean what I say, though.  Rayburn N. London, I owe you a beer if you are so inclined.  Even if it wasn't your intent, you did me a solid and gave me the chance to jump on this.
To my friend Michael R. Hicks, I can only offer my most sincere apology.  I'm just glad to know my instincts as to what makes a good piece of art for a cover were correct.  In all seriousness though, it's being corrected.  My bad, bro.

Bernard Schaffer

No comments:

Post a Comment