Sunday, August 5, 2012

Reviewer Appreciation Program

Hello beloved readers.  As you already know, positive reviews are the very lifeblood of independent publishing.  A genuine 5-Star (meaning, not from someone's mom) rating and review of the title in question is worth more than gold.
Good reviews can be mined for quotes, used in future books, and more importantly, bolster the confidence of new readers.  In short, we authors need `em.
Legitimate authors don't pay for reviews, don't trade reviews, don't secretly write their own reviews under pen-names and most importantly, don't ever ever ever sabotage another author's hard work using an anonymous Amazon account.
A good rule of thumb is that if someone tells us they enjoyed our book, to ask them if they'd consider leaving a review, and that's about it.  But is it enough, I wonder?
When a person takes time out of their day to tell the world they read something I wrote, it's an incredible act of generosity on their part, and I think it's time I gave you something back.
For the next month or so (or until supplies run out) I will be sending a signed cover art print to anyone who leaves a review for ANY of my titles found here, absolutely free of charge (Not even shipping and handling.  I've got it covered).
The instructions to receive your print are as follows:
1. Must be a verified Amazon purchase
2. Email me a link to your review at ApiarySociety@gmail.com
3. Send me the name you want it signed to and mailing address of where to send it
4. Receive your print in the mail, have it framed, and replace the faded image of your benevolent grandmother over the mantle with this, your very own signed print by yours truly.
5. Instruction number 4 is open to interpretation.
6. Nook reviews would be GREATLY appreciated, and as far as I know, they don't require a purchase, so if you post your review on the Barnes and Noble website as well, that would be a BIG bonus.  The only title available on Nook (at present) is Superbia.  But then again, if I'm going to offer one title to Nook readers, I think it's a safe bet to say that's the one.  The Nook link can be found here.

That's it, folks.  I'm looking forward to seeing your reviews.
(Don't forget, I also do free Kindlegraphing.  All you need to do is click this link here.)

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this post! This is so very true for all authors! Thanks for posting! :)

    ReplyDelete