Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Amy Winehouse Lioness Review

  Every Tuesday I go on iTunes to see what new music has been released, and saw that Lioness was now available.  I'm sure most of you already know that the record is a collection of outtakes from her career.  Most of the reviews I've read seem to point out that the quality varies greatly in the songs and that it feels like a piecemeal collection of bottom-barrel song scraps.
    I really disagree.  I listened through twice and enjoyed it both times.  The truth is, even though I'm not a Super Fan, I miss Amy and her voice.  Like most other talented young people who left the planet too early, I feel like we're lessened by their departure and I wish they'd stuck around.
    I recommend the LP and say screw the haters.

      For some reason, it sent me on an iTunes search for Terence Trent D'arby.  I grabbed a few songs, mostly from his first record, but also a few later releases.  His voice and talent is truly staggering and it's a tragedy that he let it evaporate.  I don't buy into the whole "name change" to Sananda Maitreya.  You spent all that time building up your brand and name-recognition just to thumb your nose at it?  I have no idea why these powerful artists die, self-destruct, or go completely whackadoo.  But these two are good examples are both.


Access The Apiary Society (Bernard J. Schaffer's website)
For a list of books available on Amazon, click this link
To dominate Twitter like a Kindle Author Sex God, You Only Need THIS.

No comments:

Post a Comment